Parker School is looking for a thoughtful, experienced, and creative Assistant Head to help imagine the future and realize the potential. The Assistant Head will work in close collaboration with the Head of School and will have leadership responsibility for the academic and student life program in the Middle and Upper divisions.
Essential Functions of the Assistant Head of School include:
- Working in partnership with the Head of School to nurture a campus environment where all community members are able to thrive
- Oversee, evaluate, and support Middle and Upper School faculty with formal/informal classroom observations, feedback and goal setting.
- Facilitate regular faculty meetings, structuring time for divisional meetings and meaningful professional learning.
- Lead efforts to recruit, hire and retain faculty and staff.
- Supervise and support the Middle School Coordinator, Registrar, and the College Counselor.
- Lead Department Chairs in the development and sequencing of high-quality Middle and Upper School curriculum.
- Foster positive, productive relationships with students and families.
- Oversee new student orientation and student divisional transitions (5th to 6th & 8th to 9th).
- Oversee the creation of class and student schedules.
- Administer student disciplinary system for grades 6-12.
- Coordinate the administration of standardized testing.
- Oversee grade level advisory system.
- Advise Student Council.
- Serve as acting Head of School in the absence of the Head
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A commitment to creating equitable and inclusive learning environments where all students feel seen, known, and valued.
- A sincere interest in and respect for the unique local culture of Hawai’i Island.
- The ability to develop and cultivate relationships that inspire trust and collaboration.
- A track record of commitment, engagement, and participation in the life of a school.
- The warmth, energy, integrity, and leadership skills to inspire a school community.
- The ability to imagine, implement, and to be a strategic thinker.
- Experience in hiring, supporting, and evaluating teachers as well as providing professional development that fosters student-centered educational practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- Effective communication skills with all constituents, including colleagues, students, parents and other community members.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Educational experience in grades 9-12 is required, independent school and 6-12 grade experience is preferred.
- Significant relevant experience, including teaching, educational leadership, and management experience is required.Fluency in best practices of 21st Century Learning is desired.
- Bachelor degree required and advanced degree preferred in a relevant field.
More information about Parker School can be found at www.parkerschoolhawaii.org. To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest with a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org