PRIMARY PURPOSE: The director of finance position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The director of finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management.
- Plans, develops and implements the fiscal policies, goals, projects, procedures, methods and controls according to generally accepted accounting principles and government regulations.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management.
- Develops and manages the annual budget.
- Manages daily cash-flow to ensure funding for daily operations and long-term needs are adequate.
- Works directly with auditors to ensure smooth and timely year-end audit, including schedules and report preparations.
- Is a member of the senior leadership team and works with members of the leadership team and other department heads to explain financial concerns; and ensures budget guidelines are followed.
- Works with the President’s Office and insurance broker to ensure adequate coverage for all liability concerns.
- Works directly with legal counsel concerning various school matters (i.e., property taxes, contracts, etc.)
- Works with department heads to review and approve all school-related contracts for propriety.
- Works directly with bankers regarding all finance/banking issues.
- Works directly with Development Office to ensure proper recording and treatment of gifts and grants.
- Directs the work of employees within their area of responsibility, with authority to assign duties, approve leave, establish employee work schedule and evaluate employee performance.
Other duties as assigned.
- Attends all scheduled senior leadership meetings.
- Provides information to HBA board of directors as requested.
- Attends HBA board meetings as necessary.
- Serves as member of the safety committee and chair as assigned by the President.
- Attends the annual PTF Fun Fair and work with the PTF treasurer in the planning and collections of scripts, online transactions and funds.
- Works with the Director of Technology for the annual year-end system rollover.
- Works directly with the Admissions Finance Coordinator in the annual admissions, enrollment process, financial aid and scholarship endowment processes.