PRIMARY PURPOSE: Instruct students in the area of art.
- Plan lessons on art and art history in accordance with learning objectives
- Provide instruction on the use of various art media
- Create art work as examples for students
- Demonstrate various art techniques and mediums
- Develop students’ art techniques
- Assist students in completing projects
- Assess students work following subject standards
- Discipline students appropriately
- Communicate with parents
- Plan and implement Young Artists Exhibition by students K-6
- Work closely with grade level teachers to integrate art into the curriculum
- Keep art room a pleasant learning environment.
- Maintain and inventory art room and equipment
- Spiritual:Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life and; demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Baptist Faith and Message”, the tenets of the Southern Baptist denomination.
- Skills/Knowledge:Knowledge of art concepts, skills and media, capacity to supervise group work
- Education/Training:Bachelor of Science degree in Fine Arts and/or Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education
- Experience: Prefer experience in teaching art to Elementary children, art experience.