PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide support to students, teachers and parents with the overarching goal of student success. A proactive, developmentally appropriate school counseling program for students is curriculum based; it provides for the early identification of critical problems in children/teens and early intervention to prevent these problems from interfering with learning. The primary objective for this counselor would be to develop classroom lessons, consultation and coordination with staff and parents, individual and small group counseling, and parent education.
- To build relationship with, and share the love Jesus Christ with students, teachers and parents so that a faith in Christ can flourish and someday bear fruit
- Assist teachers and principal in identifying social, emotional, behavioral, and academic concerns to ensure success in all aspects of school and home life
- Proactively assist teachers in developing and implementing plans to support student progress and growth
- Provide instructional support through creating and teaching guidance curriculum
- Support students and parents through one on one or group counseling
- Manage the social and emotional needs of students in a developmentally appropriate manner and coordinate and implement the Yale RULER program
- Establish effective liaison with various community offices that may provide additional professional help to stakeholders
- Support teachers by participating in student conferences as needed
- Maintain accurate records and ensure their confidentiality, using legal and ethical discretion when sharing
- Inform Administration of any student concerns in a timely manner
- Provides for a smooth transition from elementary to middle school, which may include orientation programs for students and parents.
- Assist with coordination and administration of the testing program(CTP IV, CPAA, SAT, ASPIRE select materials, schedule testing, interpret results, communicate results)
- Assist with maintaining records and trend data of internal and external assessments
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through professional development
- Be a positive change agent in the school and play the role of an advocate for the success of all students
- Maintain a professional office environment for counseling sessions
- Manage counseling budget