To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
● 5 years of related experience supervising grounds, construction, facility
operations and/ or maintenance staff. Related experience can entail
construction, plant engineer, or facility management.
●Proven personnel contractor management experience with aptitude to judge
quality of performance in all major technical trades and personal experience in at
least one technical trade (carpentry, landscaping, mechanical, electrical,
● Experience with Carpentry, HVAC, Plumbing, Pools, Painting, Building
Maintenance, Electrical, Water treatment preferred.
● Excellent facilitator with the ability to motivate, direct, and train people and
collaborate and interact with others effectively and productively.
● Basic knowledge and familiarity with computer systems and software programs
such as Microsoft word, Excel, and e-mail.
● Hands-on knowledge and experience in the safe operation of a variety of tools,
machinery and power equipment used in performing essential functions.
● Effective communication with all types of members of the community including
teachers, administrators, trustees, parents and students.
● Ability to adapt behavior to function effectively in a school environments,
including those specific to the traditions of the school.
● Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks, to read, analyze, and interpret
general business documents, invoices, forms, and government regulations.