Island Pacific Academy is currently accepting applications for the Facilities Supervisor for the 2020-2021 school year.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Technology, the Facilities Supervisor manages contractors, vendors and staff who perform the maintenance and security of the school. The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the day to day facilities and security needs including plumbing, electrical, janitorial, outdoor and yard maintenance are met as well as strategically plan for the future needs of the school facilities. The Facilities Supervisor will perform these duties in alignment of IPA’s mission and vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of all security, maintenance and grounds staff. This requires strong leadership and human resources skills.
- In coordination with the Director of Facilities, contract management including solicitation and evaluation of proposals from vendors and contractors, monitoring performance, and driving continuous improvement.
- Documentation including health and safety, regulatory compliance, performance of suppliers and personnel, crisis management, physical assets and inventory.
- Health and safety policy and practice, including OSHA regulations, crisis management, cleaning/sanitation, and ensuring the safety of the entire physical buildings and property.
- Ensure school security needs are met by staying up to date on training and best practices including unique security requirements for schools.
- Procurement of materials, assets, and services, ensuring maximum value for the organization.
- Communication of progress, conditions, and facility needs to the relevant stakeholders, in a professional manner and in the interest of the organization.
- Scheduling of essential preventive and reactive maintenance work through contractors and in-house staff, in a way which is optimal to the school’s operational needs.
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, statutes, and policies governing safety, employment law, health, and environmental concerns.
- Administration of computerized maintenance management software (CMMS), leases, records, and school programs including crisis management, security, and safety.
- Management of events, personnel, records, and relationships important to the organization.
- Management of school safety drills including and not limited to fire drills and school lock-down drills
- Management of parking facilities and overseeing safe and smooth process during school car line during both morning and after school drop-off and pick ups
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities & Technology
- Supervises, evaluates and directs facilities and security staff
- Responsible for scheduling and ensuring that there is enough staffing coverage to meet needs of school operations
- In coordination with Director of Facilities and Technology as well as Director of HR, responsible for performance management of facilities and security staff
Submit your resume, letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com