Assets School is seeking a Capital Campaign Director who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the school’s exciting next phase of its capital campaign. The Campaign Director is a member of the Advancement Department, working closely with the Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Communication. The Campaign Director reports to the Head of School, works closely with the Board of Trustees, and is a member of the Administrative Leadership Team.
This is an exciting time for Assets School and the Advancement Office. Within the past several years, the school has acquired a second campus and completed Phase One of a capital campaign that resulted in the beautiful Harry and Jeanette Weinberg K-4 Village. It is now time to embark on Phase Two, which will allow our students to more deeply develop their strengths, as well as expand the school’s outreach efforts in the community.
This position requires a thoughtful person who is both collaborative and comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy. A successful candidate will have a vision for how to lead all aspects of a campaign within a “small shop,” as well as how the campaign simultaneously reflects and advances the school’s mission.
Responsibilities, qualities and experience include, but are not limited to:
- An appreciation of the transformative impact of Assets School, and the ability to advocate effectively for Assets to be a top philanthropic priority.
- A self-starter who seeks out opportunities and leads strategically but also with a sense of urgency.
- Proven record of successful fundraising, including experience with planning and directing capital campaigns and obtaining major gifts.
- Knowledge of best practices in K-12 advancement efforts, and the ability to apply such practices.
- Develop, manage and execute solicitation plans, priorities, and strategies.
- Success with prospect identification, cultivation and direct solicitation.
- Manage campaign donor acknowledgment, stewardship and public recognition (as appropriate).
- Manage capital campaign budget.
- Strategize with Head of School and appropriate board committees/task groups regarding future capital goals and projects.
- Support individual trustees and board committees/task groups in their fundraising roles.
- Support Leadership Team members and volunteers in their fundraising roles.
- Evaluate and report on campaign goal progress to the Head and Board.
- Recruit and manage campaign volunteers and consultants as necessary.
- Oversee the development of campaign collateral with the Director of Marketing.
- Relationships with and understanding of the local community are a plus.
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please email the following materials as one pdf file: (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume and (3) Names and contact information for five references (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission). Materials can be sent to Ryan Masa at email@example.com.
About Assets School: Assets is a K-12 coeducational, independent school that serves gifted and capable students, specializing in those with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences. Assets provide a strength-based program, complemented by outreach and training, that empowers students to become effective learners and confident self-advocates.