This is an exciting time to be at Parker! As it begins its 43rd year, Parker is preparing for the next chapter of growth and development. With the arrival of a new Head of School in July, the School will embark on a vision setting process, setting a course for the future.
We are looking for a dynamic advancement director ready to make their mark on a school by strengthening the philanthropic culture of the school, completing the Capital Campaign, and supporting the alumni program. The “Broadening Foundations for Excellence” Capital Campaign is specifically focused on the building of a new Center for Sports, Science, and the Arts which will serve the entire school community and bring exciting program growth to Parker School.
Essential Functions of the Advancement Director include:
- Managing all fundraising efforts of the Advancement Office to support the school’s programs, including donor relations, grant application and administration, database management, budgeting and reporting, and employee supervision.
- Coordinating special fundraising and advancement events
- Overseeing marketing and public relations efforts
- Serving as a liaison between the school and constituent groups, including alumni
- The Advancement Director is a member of the senior leadership team and acts as a liaison to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications for this position include a related bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred), experience in school administration or public relations/marketing/fundraising experience in a professional office, and proven success in grant writing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Understanding of independent school communities and culture, including an eagerness to work hard as both leader and team member
- Ability to develop, implement, and assess major fundraising projects and program budgets
- Effective team building and personnel management abilities
- A proven track record of progressively challenging fundraising success, including annual operating support (annual fund, annual auctions and events), major gifts, capital campaigns and grants
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage competing demands, and adapt to frequent or unexpected changes.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent oral, written communications, and presentation skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with colleagues, donors, volunteers and community members
- The personality, energy, integrity, warmth and leadership to inspire a school community
- Database (CRM), prospect research, and general technology experience required
More information about Parker School can be found at www.parkerschoolhawaii.org. To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.