- 3 years or more High School teaching experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related background.
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds, in multi-aged environments.
- Strong knowledge of content area curriculum and instructional methodologies.
As a Catholic, independent school for students in grades Pre-School to 12, Sacred Hearts Academy provides an outstanding college-preparatory education for young girls. Caring teachers, small classes, a rich and varied curriculum, and lively, enthusiastic students make the Academy unique. Along with its quality academic program, the Academy focuses on character and values, cooperation, mutual respect and service. Our school is a place where young women learn to listen, question, challenge, probe and gain the knowledge and confidence that will allow them to think for themselves and make good decisions. We believe that excellence in education enables students to value themselves as individuals, while at the same time, prepares them to participate with confidence in a complex and changing society. The Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and the Hawai'i Association of Independent Schools (HAIS). It is a given that the girls at Sacred Hearts will receive an outstanding academic education, but most importantly, the faculty, staff, alumnae and families value the fact that the students are surrounded by people who care about them and care about one another.