Primary Purpose: Maintain an up-to-date database of
constituencies for the school and provide useful reports to directors to
support development efforts.
- Maintain ongoing, year-round updates of mailing lists, as well as
organization and individual donor profiles and notes in Senior Systems
(database), donor and prospect donor personal information and changes
- Provide effective management of confidential donor records,
establish data entry style standards, and monitor data accuracy and
- Assist with recording donations and pledge payments into database.
- Maintain hard-copy donor files.
- Generate data reports for quarterly giving summary, donor segmentation, and other custom reports as assigned.
- Create queries and exports for mailing lists, email campaigns,
fundraising appeals, event invitations, and other fundraising/marketing
- Ensure that backups are performed on donor information.
- Write, generate and implement process for donor acknowledgement letters.
- Train, coordinate, supervise volunteers working with the database.
- Assist with answering of phones.
- Assist with visitors to campus.
- Assist with event functions.
- Review newspapers and other publications for articles relating to
students, alumni, and other school constituencies and distribute to
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies Required of all HBA Employees: An employee of HBA must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Christ-like Conduct. Imitate the life of Jesus Christ and
take on his behavior, mindset, choices, and character, and apply it to
everyday life. Exhibit love, humility, compassion, and servanthood, and
allow God the opportunity to work in us and to manifest His Glory
- Passion for Our Calling. Respond to God’s passion in our
hearts to complete the things He calls us to do. Acknowledge that
passion encompasses more than the work, it taps into one’s whole life
purpose. Reward of wages and prestige are peripheral to using the
God-given gifts and talents to have an effect on the greater good and an
impact beyond oneself. Yield passionately to God’s calling to live a
life full of joy, satisfaction, and true fulfillment.
- Teamwork. Promotes teamwork through building consensus to
develop mutual trust, respect, and commonality of goals. Supports team
decisions, collaborates with others to develop team solutions, builds
consensus, and resolves conflict.
- Customer Focus. Organizes and prioritizes resources to
focus on and exceed customer expectations. Make it “easy to do business
with” HBA. Demonstrate understanding, helpfulness, sensitivity, and a
concern of the needs and feelings of external and internal customers.
- Effective Communication. Listens carefully to feedback
and others’ views and asks clarifying questions to confirm
understanding. Clearly states views and opinions. Actively takes
responsibility to ensure there is mutual understanding in all viewpoints
and communication. Effectively adapts oral and written communication
to the needs and interests of the target audience. Openly shares
information in a timely manner with others who need that information.
- Results Orientation. Can be counted on to achieve
assigned or promised results in a timely manner by utilizing resources
effectively. Clarifies expectations and measurements of performance.
Seeks guidance or other resources needed. Takes personal ownership for
results by holding self and others accountable for results. Shows
strong desire and drive for success by identifying and overcoming
obstacles. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is persistent in using
extra effort to achieve results. Focuses efforts on, and strives to
attain, results that are important to the mission of HBA and specific
- Practical Thinking and Decision-Making. Identifies,
defines, and focuses on specific problems or issues. Determines
information needs; collects, analyzes, interprets, and develops it for
use in making decisions. Makes timely and appropriate decisions driven
by the information, the needs of the organization, and the need for
innovation and creativity to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Continuous Improvement. Strives to continually improve
one’s own job performance and to better the work environment, work
quality, results, and how the work is done. Accepts both the need for
and positive potential of change in the workplace. Willing to take
managed risk to test approaches that may better satisfy a customer’s
needs or to meet HBA’s needs and goals. Develops alternative and
imaginative solutions and approaches to problems. Actively looks for
opportunities to redesign and improve work methods and makes changes to
improve operating efficiency and quality of output.
- Supporting and Leading Change. Participates in all
aspects of both the organizational and process oriented change cycles to
accomplish the goals set for their particular level of responsibility.
Identifies, plans for, and leads change needed to support HBA’s mission
- Equipment Use: LAN-based computer with keyboard and monitor,
facsimile machine, photocopier, and multi-line push button telephone.
- Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (8 hours/day). Some weekday after-hours work may be required.
- Mental Demands: High attention to detail.
- Physical Demands: Majority of the job is spent sitting in a
confined position. Most of the work requires periodic visual/mental
concentration on work demanding precise eye/hand coordination.
- Spiritual: Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of
his/her life and demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as
described in “The Baptist Faith and Message,” the tenets of the Southern
- Knowledge: Good organizational skills. Analytical and problem
solving skills. Effective communication skills. Good telephone customer
service skills. Ability to work with a variety of people, team player.
- Education/Training: Associate or Bachelor degree in Business
Administration, or Accounting or related field. Two to four years of
related experience in accounting, reporting and/or administrative
- Experience: Experience in working with donor databases or
constituent relationship management systems, and customer service