Position: K-12 Office Manager
Type: Full-time, year-round, salaried position – exempt
Start Date: Immediate
St. Andrew’s Schools is looking for a K-12 Office Manager. This position will work under the direction ofthe Principals andprovide a wide range of administrative-level staff support, coordination and liaison functions for the school. This position offers a great opportunity to manage a broad range of responsibilities, acquire new skills, and work independently and collaboratively with the Principalsas well as the leadership team.
We are looking for someone who knows how to anticipate service; is a self-starter who naturally jumps in and helps; has genuine communication skills using tact, discretion and judgment; and who understands the importance of being reliable, punctual, and detail-oriented in a diverse academic environment.
About St. Andrew’s Schools
Established in 1867 as Oahu’s first all-girls school, St. Andrew’s Schools fosters broad-minded awareness in every arena with a personalized curriculum that encourages children to discover their most expansive and courageous selves.
A transformational thinker and leader, our founder, Queen Emma Kaleleonālani dedicated herself to serving the health, educational and spiritual needs of her people. Known and loved for her humanitarian efforts throughout the islands, Queen Emma recognized the need for young girls to have access to a high-quality education and in 1867, founded the St. Andrew’s Priory School for Girls. Since the founding of The Priory more than 150 years ago, St. Andrew’s has grown to include The Prep, a K-6boys school, and Queen Emma Preschool. Today, the students of St. Andrew’s Schools honor Queen Emma by perpetuating her legacy of compassion and leadership.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position offering a generous benefits package including retirement plan, health benefits, paid vacation, and more. This position works through school closures (Spring Break, Winter Break, and Summer) except when school administrative offices are closed or as directed by the Head of School.
St. Andrew’s Schools is seeking a candidate who has a Bachelor's degree (preferably in business or related fields) and three years of related work experience.Successful candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, creativity, strong problem-solving skills and the agility with complex issues. Candidates will need to work both collaboratively and independently, pay attention to detail, and effectively manage all school projects and meet deadlines.
- Manages the K-12 front office, assisting students, families, faculty and staff in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Communicates and works together frequently with academic and business administrative staff to ensure smooth functioning of educational programs.
- Provides day-to-day support to the Principals by anticipating and performing the needed administrative tasks, including;
- Independently researching and prioritizes incoming issues and referring them to the appropriate persons for action, and/or response.
- Anticipating questions/problems and proactively preparing answers/solutions.
- Tracking inquiries to ensure that resolution has been provided.
- Researching, editing, and preparing supporting materials for meetings and presentations.
- Coordinating and monitoring the flow of correspondence within the office, including ensuring documents requiring the Principal’s signature(s) are accurate and complete, drafting routine correspondence, and creating and maintaining templates for frequently needed correspondence.
- Proactively arranging for and cross-training backup when unavailable.
- Coordinates projects/events and communicates information from the Principals’ offices, including handling logistics for meetings, K-12 school events, faculty orientation and professional development days, and other special events.
- Coordinates with the Principals to ensure that all K-12 educational materials and correspondences are properly created and transmitted. Includes program-related materials such as the Faculty Guidelines, Parent-Student Handbooks, curriculum guides, and parent mailings.
- Updates the Faculty Portal for consistent and accurate communication.
- Documents procedures and protocols for project workflow.
- Manages the St. Andrew’s Schools Professional Growth budget. Registers attendees for professional growth events, both on and off campus.
- Coordinates the K-12 Master Calendar with the Executive Assistant to the Head of School
- Assists in developing office operating policies and procedures, including evaluating office functions and recommending changes as needed, and ensuring that office operations comply with policy provisions and standards.
- Exercises sound judgment in decision-making, is flexible, has ability to anticipate, recognize and resolve internal and constituent issues.
- Communicates accurate and thorough information in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality and handles sensitive situations appropriately in a positive, professional, and courteous manner.
- Performs special assignments as assigned.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please prepare a letter of interest, résumé and contact information for three professional references addressed to Mrs. Camille Michel, Executive Assistant to the Head of School. Please email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “K-12 Office Manager” in the subject line. All submissions will be received in confidence.
Deadline to apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
St. Andrew’s Schools is an equal employment opportunity employer. To learn more about our school, please visit www.standrewsschools.org.