Position: After School Care/Camp Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Ancillary Programs
Type: Part-time,year-round, salaried position - exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Under the general supervision of the Director of Ancillary Programs, ASC/Camp Coordinator will be responsible for all St. Andrew’s Schools’ camp programs that take place during our day school and school breaks (winter, spring, and summer) and for the full operations of after school programs and activities. ASC is licensed through the Department of Human Services so all guidelines and licensing protocols must be followed.
About St. Andrew’s Schools
Established in 1867 as Oahu’s first all-girls school, St. Andrew’s Schools fosters broad-minded awareness in every arena with a personalized curriculum that encourages children to discover their most expansive and courageous selves.
A transformational thinker and leader, our founder, Queen Emma Kaleleonālani dedicated herself to serving the health, educational and spiritual needs of her people. Known and loved for her humanitarian efforts throughout the islands, Queen Emma recognized the need for young girls to have access to a high-quality education and in 1867, founded the St. Andrew’s Priory School for Girls. Since the founding of The Priory more than 150 years ago, St. Andrew’s has grown to include The Prep, a K-8 boys school, and Queen Emma Preschool. Today, the students of St. Andrew’s Schools honor Queen Emma by perpetuating her legacy of compassion and leadership.
St. Andrew’s Schools is seeking a candidate who hasaBachelor’s Degree preferably in educational, recreational or a related discipline with a minimum of five years professional experience creating and leading educational/recreational programs and experience working with adolescent children.
Successful candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills. Should have or be willing to obtain First Aid/CPR certification. He/she will have proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, Google tools, e-mail, and Registration Management Systems and Student Information Systems such as Camp Brain. He/she must be knowledgeable about best practices in implementing educational and recreational programs. Candidates will need to work both collaboratively and independently, pay attention to detail, and effectively manage projects and meet deadlines.
Specific requirementsfor the ASC Coordinator include:
- Develop, planand overseethe after school care program for students in grades kindergarten to 8th grade.
- ●Recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate, and train staff for all programs in consultation with the Director of Ancillary Programs.
- ●Maintain and update policies and procedures according to industry best practices.
- ●Meet regularly with the Directorof Ancillary Programs for updates on students, staff and the ASC program.
- Provide incident reports to parents and to the Directorof Ancillary Programs via log entries (coded ASC).
- Prepare for licensing and keep the licensing requirements up to date in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer and the Directorof Ancillary Programs.
- Organize room usage and accommodate room usage for others.
- Maintain open communication to parents, staff and school personnel.
- Develop budgets and review financial results with the Chief Financial Officerand the Director of Ancillary Programs.
Specific Requirements for the Camp Coordinator include:
Design, deliver, and evaluate the camp program to meet the needs and interests of the target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
- Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
Oversee the financial management to allow for adequate annual funding and to meet long-term goals.
- ●Develop and monitor budget for the camp operations.
- ●Develop and design long-term strategies for the camp program and facilities.
Help design and implement a marketing plan to increase camper attendance and camp usage.
- Prepare and analyze enrollment trends.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
Implement human resource management practices to recruit and retain staff.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff.
Oversee the daily operation of the camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
- Oversee the management of the food service area through collaboration with the food service vendor and review of the food service program.
- Secure sufficient coverage in health care staff; implement health care plan.
- Along with the Director of Ancillary Programs, develop and oversee the business management functions of the camp including financial record keeping, office operations, camp store, etc.
- ●Along with the Registrar for camps, oversee the systematic approach to database management for campers, and their families.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to ensure a smooth camp operation.
Develop relationships with tour agents, parents and vendors to provide for the best camp experience and highest numbers of participants.
- ASC: 2:40 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Provides childcare on an as-needed basis for school-related activities.
- Camp: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during school breaks.
How to Apply
This is a part-time, year-round, salaried position offering limited employee benefitsincluding retirement plan, health benefits, and more. This position works through school closures (spring break, winter break, and summer) except as directed by the Head of School.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Alethia Donathan, Director of Ancillary Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ASC/Camp Coordinatorin the subject line. All submissions will be received in confidence.
Deadline to apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
St. Andrew’s Schools is an equal employment opportunity employer. To learn more about our school, please visit www.standrewsschools.org.