Waldorf Education is designed to develop the full spectrum of human wholeness, working with the hand, heart, and mind. It aims to support a harmonious development of willing, feeling, and thinking, taking full account of the physical and emotional growth phases of a child. Honolulu Waldorf School (HWS) has been part of this international educational movement since its founding in 1961. Our school is nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Niu Valley, on the East Side of Honolulu, Hawaii. We have approximately 170 students enrolled in parent-child, preschool and kindergarten classes, and our elementary grades 1 through 8.
Our school is undergoing a major transition and is seeking a motivated individual to join us as our Administrative Director (AD). This is a full-time position and you, as AD, must be ready and able to work within the challenging and competitive environment of the Honolulu private school sector.
Our Administrative Director is responsible for leading the school in legal, financial and day-to-day operations and is expected to display a high level of professional competence in all areas of responsibility. You will oversee the complete school experience for our students, parents, faculty, and staff and nurture the school as a thriving community devoted to our mission and the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner.
As our AD, you will assist the faculty and staff develop their talents and strengths. You will work to build a cohesive and motivated team, utilizing our diverse talents and resources to their upmost potential. Leading by example, you will inspire our community to continuously strive to improve the execution of our unique educational approach.
As AD, you will work with closely with our Board of Directors to develop, implement, and maintain a strategic plan to move HWS through our transition and into a bright future.
To apply please send the following in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
Key Qualities we are looking for:
- Authenticity and Inspirational attitudel
- Tact and Kindness
- Decisiveness and Strategic thinking
- Assiduous and Collaborative working style
You should have:
- 5+ years working experience in a Waldorf School, preschool through grade 8, Waldorf training preferred
- Management experience at an organizational level
- Experience resolving conflicting priorities, disparate needs, and interpersonal conflicts
- An understanding of non-profit fiscal responsibilities and challenges
- An appreciation and connection to the history and culture of Hawai’i
- An understanding of the competitive private education environment in Honolulu
- Developed and implemented long-term strategic plans
- Experience with fundraising, capital improvement, and marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with licensing and accreditation processes (AWSNA, HAIS, WASC)
- Experience with collaborative governance
- Experience with admissions and enrollment development