JOB POSTING DETAILS
NHCS is looking for an experienced preschool teacher who loves Jesus, loves kids, has excellent classroom management, and is able to plan, execute, and assess lessons that encourage growth in various early childhood domains.
A NHCS teacher has: received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, is an active and regular member of an evangelical church, lives a lifestyle consistent with the Bible, has the spiritual maturity with academic and leadership abilities, and honors Christ in every class and in every activity.
A NHCS teacher:
- Seeks to be role-model in speech, actions, and attitudes, a consistent walk with Jesus Christ.
- Shows by example the importance of prayer, Scripture memorization and study, witnessing, and unity in Christian fellowship.
- Follows the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, administration, and staff.
- Motivates students to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith.
- Leads students to a realization of their self-worth in Christ.
The teacher shall have a bachelor's degree, an associates degree in early childhood, or a CDA. Teaching experience in the area of science and technology is preferred.
- Plans, teaches, and assess classes assigned.
- Integrates Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
- Maximizes student learning through mastery of the subject material by and by utilizing a variety of teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students while challenging each to do his best work.
- Employs a variety of instructional aids, methods and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritually, mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Assesses the learning of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Keeps proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good teaching environment.
- Supports the broader programs of the school by attending extra-curricular activities when possible.
- Utilizes educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Seeks the counsel of the principal, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude.
- Attends and participates in scheduled devotional, in- service, retreat, committee, faculty, and P.T.F. meetings.
NHCS seeks to employ the best-qualified individuals and to provide the greatest opportunity for advancement without discrimination or harassment because of one’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability or handicapped status, or any grounds protected under state and federal equal opportunity laws, subject to the exemptions set forth in H.R.S. Section 378-3.
Mrs. CinDee Enos