JOB POSTING DETAILS
Middle School Math/Science Teacher
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Physical Requirements Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in area related to one’s primary instructional responsibilities.
- Master’s or doctoral degrees in one’s primary area of instructional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and/or recent experience with using age appropriate instructional strategies (e.g. differentiated instruction, project-based learning, personalized learning).
- Ability to utilize, create or develop current technology applications for adaption to classroom and/or instructional use.
- Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in primary area(s) of instruction.
- 5 or more years of instruction in primary area(s) of instruction.
- Previous experience teaching the age levels and subject area(s).
- Athletics and performing arts appreciation and/or the ability to coach or support athletic teams, performing arts groups, academic or other student clubs.
- Music and fine arts appreciation and/or the ability to sing, and/or play a musical instrument.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to social justice issues, global issues, sustainability, Hawaiian language, history, culture and Christian values.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of the subject area(s) to be taught and ability to develop interdisciplinary curriculum related to subject matter.
- Knowledge of instructional methods that are age appropriate for assigned grade levels.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students and families within the context of a supportive learning environment.
- Ability to work with and encourage students in the assigned grade levels toward accomplishing their personalized educational goals.
- Ability to differentiate and personalize instruction to meet varying student needs.
- Manage small and large groups of students in various instructional environments.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, counselors, and school administrators.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with students, colleagues and school administrators and to work collaboratively as a team.
- Organize tasks and manage time to meet varied deadlines.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Teaching credentials appropriate for the level of students being taught.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current age-appropriate instructional strategies.
- Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in primary area(s) on instruction.
4 Year Degree
Mrs. Rachel Fukumoto