The position is responsible for assisting the school principal in the leadership, coordination, supervision and management of the school programs and operations.
- Assist the principal in the overall administration of the school; interpret and enforce school policies and regulations.
- Assist the principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with HBA’s mission and philosophy, policies and goals of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the principal in the transformation of HBA’s culture into a results-oriented collaborative learning community.
- Assist the principal in the collaborative development, implementation, and ongoing refinement of the school’s Strategic Master Plan and serve as an integral team member for the school’s accreditation process.
- Assist in the facilitation of organizational efficiency by promoting and maintaining open communication among all stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a systematic method of supervising the instructional program through the use of learning walks, observations, documentations, and follow-up conferences.
- Assist the principal in planning and implementing a professional development/growth program for teachers and staff.
- Assist the principal in implementing an induction program for beginning teachers.
- Manage discipline of students, reporting to parents, and coordinating with teachers and counselor.
- Prepare and revis
e scheduling, school calendar and handbook, and coordinate with middle/high school, supplemental programs and other offices.
- Assist in curriculum development, budgeting, instructional services, programs, conferences, workshops, and faculty meetings.
- Coordinate student activities and programs, i.e.; field trips, seasonal programs, and PTF.
- Ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Manage and lead teacher assistants.
- Serve as administrator in charge in the absence of the regular principal.
- Maintain records and files and prepare reports as needed.
- Maintain and model high standards of professionalism.
- Represent the principal at school and community functions.
- Assist the principal in providing an atmosphere conducive to learning and teaching.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Training:Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited university or college. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience:Minimum (5) five years of classroom teaching experience. Work experience in educational administration is helpful.