La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls seeks a Curriculum Coordinator for the 2019-20 school year. This position is a 12-month, full-time, annually renewable position for a teacher leader or curriculum specialist that includes up to a 50% teaching schedule. The ideal candidate will hold an advanced degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or a related area, and have teaching and curricular design experience in a middle and/or high school setting, preferably in an independent school. We seek a collaborative, organized, reflective, and responsible scholar-practitioner with exemplary leadership and teamwork skills.
Research-based and experience-informed fluency in some or all of the areas below will be an advantage:
- Theories and approaches to curricula
- Curricular decision-making
- Technology in education, specifically classroom applications and instructional considerations
- The neuroscience of learning, including neurodiversity and learning differences
- Socio-emotional learning
- Effective instruction, assessment, and classroom management
- Adolescent psychosocial development
- Creating a learning environment in which girls learn best
- Research on school schedules or other structural/organizational elements of school operations
- Leading change in school
- Lead teachers through the process of evaluating, refining, and updating school curriculum, to include courses offered as well as content within courses
- Develop and implement a school-wide data-driven approach to curricular development, alignment and coordination.
- Teach one to two classes per term within a 4x4 block system
- Serve as a leading example of the incorporation of technology into teaching, and a resource for others who seek to enhance their own technological proficiency
- Serve as Summer School Director, to include planning, curriculum development, budgeting, hiring, and scheduling
- With other administrators, develop and lead a cohesive all-faculty professional development plan
- Advise faculty members individually and collectively in areas of expertise
- Observe teaching in classrooms and contribute to the faculty evaluation process
- Serve as a mentor to new faculty members
- Collaborate with community organizations to provide extra-curricular learning opportunities for students such as Wahine Forum and Flight School
- Coordinate and refine the Design Thinking curriculum
- Help to develop and implement a Leadership program specific to La Pietra
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and an employment application from the school’s website www.lapietra.edu to Dawn Ijiri, Executive Assistant, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to: 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education, Curriculum, or related field
- Evidence demonstrating a successful track record of teaching in any grade level from 6-12, with willingness to teach either middle school or high school grade levels
- Evidence demonstrating contributions to a school environment beyond classroom instruction
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record except as provided by Haw. Rev. Stat. §378-2.5, disability, sexual orientation, military/veterans status, or other grounds protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.