Who we are…
Maryknoll School is a Catholic, college-preparatory day school serving students in grades K-12. We are a nurturing and welcoming community that values academic excellence, lifelong learning, service to others, and the courage to imitate Jesus by word and example. Our academic model is based upon the following metaphor - school should help students establish their own landscape. At Maryknoll School, we want our students to create their own worlds filled with promise and potential. Our school motto is Noblesse Oblige, “to whom much is given, much is expected.” To that end, we also encourage our students to foster a deep spiritual connection with one other and within their community. We believe that to be successful as an adult, students must learn independently, communicate effectively, understand how to set and meet goals, use technology efficiently and be financially and economically literate. For further information about Maryknoll School, go to https://www.maryknollschool.org.
What we need….
Maryknoll High School is seeking a mathematics teacher with an unwavering commitment to student growth and success. We are looking for teachers who prioritize building authentic connections through engaging assessments that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery over time.
The ideal candidate possesses some or all of the following characteristics:
· A love of mathematics
· A strong background in the core areas: Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and Data/Mathematics Modeling
· Demonstrated success in teaching mathematics to students in grades 9-12
· Strongly believes that all students can, and should, enjoy a hand-on college-preparatory mathematics curriculum which includes project-based instruction
· Thorough experience with the Common Core Mathematics Standards
· Knowledge of effective differentiation and customization practices to support teaching students from diverse backgrounds, including learning differences
· Minimum of 1 year of teaching experience in public, charter, parochial, or independent school
· Interest in continuing professional development in mathematics education
· Interest in contributing to a school culture and community outside beyond teaching mathematics.
· Enjoys working with students and colleagues in collaborative settings
- Preparation of course materials, working from existing curricular frameworks, texts, and assessments
- In-school tutoring of students using Flex-Time
- On-campus supervision duties as assigned during the school day
- Faculty Mentor to students as part of our Advisory Program
- Willingness to participate in some aspect of the school's extracurricular life