JOB POSTING DETAILS
PE Teacher (Part Time)
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Physical Requirements Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Bachelor’s degree in area related to one’s primary instructional responsibilities.
Master’s or doctoral degrees in one’s primary area of instructional responsibilities.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and/or recent experience with using age appropriate instructional strategies (e.g. differentiated instruction, project-based learning, personalized learning).
Ability to utilize, create or develop current technology applications for adaption to classroom and/or instructional use.
Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in primary area(s) of instruction.
5 or more years of instruction in primary area(s) of instruction.
Previous experience teaching the age levels and subject area(s).
Athletics and performing arts appreciation and/or the ability to coach or support athletic teams, performing arts groups, academic or other student clubs.
Music and fine arts appreciation and/or the ability to sing, and/or play a musical instrument.
Knowledge of and sensitivity to social justice issues, global issues, sustainability, Hawaiian language, history, culture and Christian values.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Thorough knowledge of the subject area(s) to be taught and ability to develop interdisciplinary curriculum related to subject matter.
Knowledge of instructional methods that are age appropriate for assigned grade levels.
Ability to develop positive relationships with students and families within the context of a supportive learning environment.
Ability to work with and encourage students in the assigned grade levels toward accomplishing their personalized educational goals.
Ability to differentiate and personalize instruction to meet varying student needs.
Manage small and large groups of students in various instructional environments.
Communicate effectively with students, parents, counselors, and school administrators.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with students, colleagues and school administrators and to work collaboratively as a team.
Organize tasks and manage time to meet varied deadlines.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Teaching credentials appropriate for the level of students being taught.
Demonstrated knowledge of current age-appropriate instructional strategies. Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in primary area(s) on instruction.
4 Year Degree
Mrs. Rachel Fukumoto