Common Sense Education
- 3 Myths of Personalized Learning, In order to implement and improve personalized learning, we first need to reach agreement about what it is - and what it isn't. February 2019
- Learning and the Social Brain, In a series of interviews, researcher Patricia Kuhl reveals the science behind the social brain - which she calls the gateway to human cognition. July 2018
Global Online Academy
Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Consent at Every Age, Strategies for educators on how to talk to your students about respecting one another's boundaries - from preschool to high school. December 2018
Hawai'i Business Magazine
Inside Higher Ed
- 'Neuromyth' or Helpful Model? A nearly century-old idea about learning remains "ubiquitous" despite scant scientific evidence to back it up, many experts say. But others still see value in the concept. January 2019
Katie Martin - Author, 2018 LSOTF Facilitator, SOTF Featured Speaker
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York Times
NPR/HPR Podcasts and Articles
- The Future of Learning? Well, It's Personal, A deeper look into personalized learning. November 2018
- How To Find a School Your Kids Will Love (And That You Will, Too), It can be hard to connect these big ideas — like how schools should be more creative — to when you, as a parent, go on a school visit. What are a couple of the things parents should keep an eye out for when they are in a new school? March 2018
- Town Square: Project Based Learning, Traditional lecture-based methods of instruction often fail to engage learners of all ages. Project-based learning has been heralded as not only a better way to impact knowledge, but also teach kids vital life skills such as teamwork and self-advocacy. February 2017
- What Are Emotions, Explore the emotional landscape of life and identify those hard to define feelings with these fascinating talks.
- What Makes a Good Teacher Great, Azul Terronez TEDxSantoDomingo, Azul has been asking the question: What makes a good teacher great? for 24 years. He has collected 26,000 responses from 8 different schools and patterns have emerged.
- Do Schools Kill Creativity, Sir Ken Robinson TED2006, Still the most-watched of all time—he claimed that “we are educating people out of their creative capacities” and charged the current education system with being too rigid in adhering to traditional academic subjects. Kids, he argued, need time to dance, draw, create and find what they’re good at.
- Lets Teach for Mastery - Not Test Scores, Sal Khan TED Talks Live, Would you chose to build a house on top of an unfinished foundation? Of course not. Why, then, down rush students through education when they haven't always grasped the basics? Yes, it's complicated. but educator Sal Khan shares his plan to turn struggling students into scholars by helping them master concepts at their own pace.
The Wall Street Journal