Windward Nazarene Academy exists to partner with parents in nurturing the whole child spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically in a loving environment in accordance with God’s Word.
Expected Student Learning Results
A Windward Nazarene Academy Graduate will . . .
Understand the Christian faith and have had opportunities toward growth in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have had an opportunity to accept Christ as his/her Savior.
- Demonstrates a life where the fruit of the spirit Is increasingly evident.
- Know that he/she Is loved by God.
- Possess and know how to apply biblical knowledge to his/her life.
Possess a solid academic foundation.
- Communicate articulately. (Oral/Written)
- Be technologically literate.
- Demonstrate knowledge appropriate for continuing their education beyond WNA.
- Value learning and seek independent opportunities to learn.
- Be exposed to and have opportunities to participate in various extra-curricular activities.
Have creative/critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate effective problem solving strategies.
- Demonstrate creativity.
- Be able to research and evaluate Information.
Understand the importance of discipline and self control
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Manage time productively.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and the ability to get along with others.
Be involved in serving his/her community
- Contribute time and talents to serve the community.
- Show love and acceptance to all people groups regardless of differences.
Practice healthy living.
- Understands good nutrition.
- Understands the link between exercise and health.
- Understands good hygiene.
Windward Nazarene Academy truly believes that it takes a village to raise a child. Relationship forms the foundation on which a WNA kid is built – relationship with God, between peers, in and between families, and with their school. On this solid rock, strong curricular pillars are set with particular emphasis in writing, math and reading. A WNA kid is a digital native who is a critical thinker, organized time manager, and a Christian servant leader. WNA works to build students prepared for life far beyond the halls of academia. We work to build tomorrow’s leaders.