The mission of Navy Hale Keiki School is to uphold the highest standards of academic, social, and emotional literacy in support of our children, their future, and their families.
Children learn by exploration and by doing and are encouraged to use hands-on, minds-on, curiosity-based discovery, and experiential learning.
Children learn by sharing their knowledge, skills, and experiences with their classmates and their school community.
Every child is an individual who has unique experiences, needs, abilities, and potential for making decisions, taking responsibility, understanding academics, and developing problem-solving tools in both interpersonal and intellectual growth and development.
As children develop their love of learning, they envelop a commitment and passion for lifelong intellectual curiosity and achievements.
Children are most successful when parents, teachers, and students work cohesively and cooperatively in partnership to achieve their goals.
The school balances its warm, caring environment with high expectations for each student's physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development. It is the goal of the school to prepare each student to transition successfully to schools across the globe.
Navy Hale Keiki School is committed to the following ideals for its preschool and prekindergarten students:
- Providing a supportive, comfortable environment to foster learning
- Encouraging play and the development of independence and self-help skills
- Facilitating the development of self-control by using positive guidance techniques
- Ensuring fine and gross motor development
- Helping each student to develop appropriate social and emotional skills necessary to be an integral part of the classroom community
- Establishing a solid academic foundation leading to readiness in reading, writing, and mathematics to prepare each student for future educational success
- Creating a partnership with parents to build mutual understanding and consistency between school and home
Navy Hale Keiki School is committed to the following ideals for its elementary school students in kindergarten through fifth grade:
- Recognizing that each child is unique and has had varied experiences
- Assisting students in the development of a positive attitude about themselves, their accomplishments, their peers, their school, and their family
- Providing differentiated, rigorous, integrated lessons utilizing a variety of teaching methods, strategies, examples, and experiences for the total development of the young child
- Building upon each student's abilities and ensuring individual growth
- Promoting self-discipline and respect for self, classmates, and the school community
- Encouraging open communication between home and school, reflecting that successful education is a partnership between these two important areas of a student's life
Navy Hale Keiki School is a small private school serving the families on 'Oahu in the state of Hawai'i. Our student body usually comprises of just over 200 students from the ages of three years old through students in fifth grade.
DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT
We take pride in delivering quality early childhood education for every student in a safe and nurturing environment. Our family setting is built on a strongly engineered, maintained, and time-tested foundation of trust, respect, and accountability. We promote development of social, emotional, and intellectual characteristics essential to good citizenship in school and global communities. The high level of commitment demonstrated by our parents sets the tone for our students and their success in our educational program. Our dedicated faculty and staff share this commitment to our philosophy and high standards.
The school is centrally located to numerous military installations and gives priority enrollment to military dependents. NHKS maintains an average enrollment of 95% military dependents. Families come from all over the island of 'Oahu and all branches of the military to attend our school.
We are recognized with widespread awareness amongst military personnel nationally and internationally.
JOIN OUR 'OHANA
If you are interested in having your child attend school at Navy Hale Keiki School, or would like to be a part of our 'ohana through donations or volunteering, please contact our office staff at (808) 423-1727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.