Kawaiahao Church School is tucked away in the historic district of downtown Honolulu, and is described as a "haven for downtown working families." The school first opened its doors in 1975 as a daycare facility, and has since grown leaps and bounds along with our keiki.
Kawaiahao Church School is grounded in its Christian faith and provides a hands-on Montessori education. The school also integrates Hawaiian culture and language into its curriculum, and takes pride in the welcoming, nurturing, loving environment.
In 2014, the school received a sizable grant which helped grow the dual language program and further develop the Montessori curriculum with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) principles.
In 2017, Kawaiahao Church School received the gold-star WASC accreditation and were praised for having a safe, clean environment, skilled teachers and staff, a welcoming and nurturing learning environment, and innovative curriculum.
Mahalo Ke Akua for entrusting the school and staff to be a place to invest in our keiki and our future leaders of Hawaii.
Our program is characterized as:
- A warm and nurturing environment rich in Christian and Hawaiian values
- A clean, safe school with plenty of green space for children to play and explore nature
- Hands-on learning activities that are dynamic, fun, and inspire a child's natural curiosity
- Mixed age grouping that encourages cooperation, collaboration, and leadership skills in a peaceful, community setting
- Experienced, skilled staff and teachers that provide consistency for the children