"The only college-preparatory private school on Oahu's North Shore"
- Private, nonprofit K-12 school, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and licensed member of the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
- Five and seven day boarding options available for all middle and high school students (5th-12th grade)
- A beautiful 97 acre campus in Hau’ula, (North Shore, Oahu) providing an abundance of exciting outdoor educational opportunities
- Ideally located, less than an hour drive from the Honolulu International airport
- Non-denominational Christian school that welcomes students of all religious and cultural backgrounds
Boarding and Extracurricular Program:
- APIS offers a wide range of after school activities such as, surfing, hiking, swimming, band, cross country, soccer, volleyball, cooking, and many more.
- Boarding Students have either 1-2 other roommates. Dorms are small intimate houses with up to 16 students and two teachers
- Students cultivate independence, compassion and teamwork on a 24/7 basis.
- Weekend trips are diverse, active and varied, taking advantage of all of Hawaii’s natural beauty and opportunity.
Academics and Educational Philosophy:
- Personal and relational education: Teachers know their students, and are committed to their success
- Commitment to college and university acceptances, with impressive results. All 2018 graduates are now attending 4 year universities, 75% of which are top 30 ranked schools.
- Rigorous American style curriculum featuring Project Based Learning. Students master academic skills and content through hands-on projects.
- Students practice and are assessed on critical thinking, cooperation, communication, creativity, & cultural citizenship
- Foreign languages offered: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean
1:5 teacher-student ratio
100% college matriculation
20+ elective courses, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, agriculture, marine science, computer science, art, investing, theater, dance, and customizable independent study options
20+ extracurricular options, including swimming, golf, volleyball, soccer, tennis, surfing, hiking, and dozens of clubs
40+ business partnerships where students can intern and receive expert advice on projects
400+ palm and banana trees on campus
15 Air Quality Index (AQI) level in annual average as compared to 180 in Beijing, 155 in Seoul, and 90 in Tokyo
81 °F/ 27 °C annual average temperature
1st in ethnic & racial diversity ranking among U.S. states
5 hours to California and 8 hours to Seoul, Korea