HAIS Teacher Representatives (TR)
An HAIS TR serves as a liaison between their school and our organization. They assist HAIS with keeping their school profile up-to-date, communicating changes in faculty and staff positions, as well as keep us informed on school initiatives. As HAIS plans conferences, events and other professional development opportunities, TRs play an integral and collaborative role by informing us of their school’s needs.
Roles and Responsibilities of an HAIS TR:
- Embrace, and model for peers, the commitment to professional development and life-long learning;
- Serve as the key contact at the school level for professional development matters and assuming a leadership role in professional development activities for faculty;
- Serve as the school’s liaison in professional development matters;
- Promote HAIS professional development opportunities and events at the school;
- Serve in an advisory capacity for the SOTF Conference;
- Use and encourage the use of the HAIS website (www.hais.us) to point colleagues in the direction of resources, articles and links;
- Keep HAIS informed of dates, programs and details regarding professional development opportunities occurring at the local and state level for posting on the HAIS calendar of events and e-news;
- Provide feedback regarding HAIS services through informal and formal evaluations.