Independent, not-for-profit, licensed schools that have begun the HAIS accreditation process, in order to become full members. Provisional member schools must complete the accreditation process and become full members within 3 years.
Provisional Member - As a Provisional Member, you can enjoy a wide range of unique benefits, including:
A COMPREHENSIVE ACCREDITATION PROGRAM
- A full-scale, standards-based accreditation program for each member school
- Trained peer evaluators from other independent schools in Hawai'i, other states, or abroad
- HAIS accreditation teams include highly respected teachers and administrators
- Detailed reports on school visits to aid in school improvement, and guide program development and strategic planning for schools
- Personalized, professional staff support for individual schools preparing for accreditation visits
- Cooperative accreditation agreements with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Schools
- An annual conference for students - Global Issues Network
- Consultations with HAIS staff members and HAIS consultants through our consulting services
- The opportunity to provide feedback related to the professional development
- Reduced registration rates at HAIS conferences and events
- Priority notification to register for Professional Development
- Opportunity to give the Educator of the Future Award and HAIS Vision Award
- A formal leadership role for teachers as the school's HAIS Teacher Representative
- Access to a special professional development newsletter and website listing
- An opportunity to post job listings on the HAIS website
ADVOCACY (at the discretion of the Executive Director)
HAIS engages in public advocacy that protects the independence of its member schools from governmental regulation.
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- Ability to post events and opportunities that are open to all member schools in the bi-monthly e-news
- Select Listservs for target constituency groups
- A library of resources on our website, including monographs on topics germane to independent school leadership, governance, and operations
- Criminal History Background Checks
- *Coming Soon* Access to "Member Only" Content Area on the HAIS website
- Research-based collection of regional statistics on enrollment tuition, salaries, budgets, annual giving, enrollment, attrition, etc.
- Periodic communications to Heads of Schools containing professional and legal information, as well as news from member schools
- Access to camp/program listings on the HAIS website that are offered by member schools and open to public
- Ability to participate in annual Education Fair
- Able to participate in Private School Guide
For the side-by-side comparison chart of the various memberships please click here.
For further information please contact Phil Bossert.