Open to any Hawai'i-based independent school that shares and subscribes to HAIS's Mission and Vision; wishes to participate in HAIS events and enjoy the privileges of Member Status; and is accredited by HAIS.
Full Member Benefits - As a Full Member, you enjoy a wide range of unique benefits, including:
A COMPREHENSIVE ACCREDITATION PROGRAM
- A full-scale, standards-based accreditation program for each member school
- Trained peer evaluators from other independent schools in Hawai'i, other states, or abroad
- HAIS accreditation teams include highly respected teachers and administrators
- Detailed reports on school visits to aid in school improvement, and guide program development and strategic planning for schools
- Personalized, professional staff support for individual schools preparing for accreditation visits
- Cooperative accreditation agreements with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Schools
- Reduced registration rates at HAIS conferences and events
- Priority notification to register for Professional Development
- Opportunity to give the Educator of the Future Award and HAIS Vision Award
- A formal leadership role for teachers as the school's HAIS Teacher Representative
- Access to a special professional development newsletter and website listing
- Opportunity to serve on Advisory Committees (Conferences & Events)
- Opportunity to serve on the HAIS Board
- An annual conference for administrators - Leading Schools of the Future Conference
- An annual conference for educators - Schools of the Future Conference
- An annual conference for students - Global Issues Network
- An opportunity to post job listings on the HAIS website
- The opportunity to provide feedback related to the professional growth needs at the school
HAIS engages in public advocacy that protects the independence of its member schools from governmental regulation.
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- Listservs for target constituency groups
- A library of resources on our website, including monographs on topics germane to independent school leadership, governance, and operations
- Research-based collection of regional statistics on enrollment tuition, salaries, budgets, annual giving, enrollment, attrition, etc.
- Periodic communications to Heads of Schools containing professional and legal information, as well as news from member schools
- Criminal History Background Checks
- Access to camp/program listings on the HAIS website that are offered by member schools and open to public
- Ability to participate in annual Education Fair
- Able to participate in Private School Guide
- Ability to post events and opportunities that are open to all member schools in the bi-monthly e-news
- *Coming Soon* Access to "Member Only" Content Area on the HAIS website
- Ability to participate in the HAIS Schools Re-Use program
HAIS provides direct and immediate support for members who are confronting difficult issues, as well as in-depth and sustained support in developing programs of excellence.
For the side-by-side comparison chart of the various memberships please click here.
For more information please contact Robert Landau